Are you fed up of tweaking a search on LinkedIn Recruiter / Lite and seeing the same names reappear, despiting having hiden or saved them? Well here is a trick to break out of that irritating loop.
Step 1 - Setup Process
- Create a New Project
- Head to the “Talent Pool” tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the left navigation bar and find “Advanced Search”
- Find the “Projects” field
- Enter the “Name” of the newly created project (that you are also in)
- Click the “Exclude” icon on the project name
Step 2 - Hunting Process
- Use the “Save to Pipeline” button when a profile is/could be a match
- Use the “Hide” button when a profile is not a match
Every time you refresh the page, ALL “assessed” (saved/hidden) profiles will be removed from the search results tab.
This means that as you “tweak” your search or run different search combinations, you’ll only see profiles that you haven’t assessed already for this project.
Your “Saved” profiles are safely stored in the “Pipeline” tab.
Your “Hidden” profiles can be re-assessed by clicking “Hidden from results” top right.
It doesn’t stop here… the process above allows you to work in “clean slate sourcing” style with colleagues collaborating in the same project. Recruiters can work simultaneously in the same project NEVER assessing the same profiles twice.. ultimately covering more ground faster.
Now the only question you have to ask yourself is ... what are you going to do with all this free time?
PS if you re using Sales Navigator then you can leverage the tags to achieve the same outcome. Blog en route.